Explore our Blog
How to Make Delicious Steamed Whole Fish
26 Feb 2018
Fish is loaded with important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D. It is also the world's best source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain.
- Whole fish 1kg (Tilapia)
- Seafood soy sauce
- Assorted capsicum
- Spring onions and corn oil
- Optional: Chopped bullet peppers (for the spicy food lovers)
- Steam in an electric pot for 30 minutes
- You can also steam in a skillet where you fill with a ½ inch of water and set a heatproof plate inside the water bath. (The water bath should not come above the rim of the heatproof plate); bring to a simmer.
- Place the whole fish on the plate; cover the skillet and steam until the fish is opaque throughout. (This should take about 30 minutes if the water bath was brought to boil before cooking the fish.
- Place on a serving platter and dress with seafood soy sauce.
- Cut assorted capsicum and spring onions into thin pieces and sprinkle on the fish
- For spicy option- add chopped bullet peppers to the vegetable juliennes
- Splash hot corn oil (100mls) over the fish
- Serve with your favorite rice, noodle or ugali dish